Bosch makes arguably the best dishwashers in the world. Bosch dishwashers are quiet and energy efficient. In this article, we would like to draw attention to one of the strong suits of Bosch which is great selection. Unlike its competitors Bosch offers different dishwasher product lines to address the unique needs of its customers. While achieving this goal Bosch does not comprimise their legenday German quality standards.
Many of our customers ask us what distinguishes one Bosch model from the other? Below, we explain in plain English (hopefully without industry jargon) how you can easily select which model family might be best suited for your needs.
The Good Option When You are on a Budget: The Bosch Ascenta Series
This is the enty level Bosch product family with prices ranging from $500 to low $600's
- Variety of finishes (stainless steel, white, black, units that accept cabinet panels, towel bar handle models etc.)
- Quiet at 46-50 dB sound level
- Come with stainless steel interior walls but plastic bottom
- 5 wash cycles are common on all the models
- Spacious with 14 place settings
- 3rd Rack is standard in most Bosch Ascenta dishwashers
- People are generally happy with drying performance of these dishwashers as long as they use proper rinse aid and load the machine correctly.
- InfoLight projects to the floor in most models
The Good Option If You Want All Stainless Interior: The Bosch 300 Series
Priced stating at low $600's, Bosch 300 series dishwashers make up for most of the shortcomings of the Asecenta series. These models offer everything found in the list above, plus these features:
- Full stainless steel interior
- Much quieter at 44 dB
- Speed60 Cycle ensures all dishes are cleaned up under an hour
- ExtraDry option is a new addition to the feature list as of late 2017 to give a heat boost to the condensating dry cycle
- 3rd Rack get more flexible to accomodate larger items
- Overall the interior is more flexible by having the ability to adjust the tines and RackMatic makes it easy to make room for larger plates and pots or for taller glasses
- Larger interior capacity with room for 16 place settings
- Bosch 300 series comes with a variety of design choices as well as with models suited for special applications such as ADA height for raised floors, watersoftener and 18" slim dishwashers for smaller kitchens.
The Better Option for Quietness and Unique Design: The Bosch 500 Series
Bosch 500 Series dishwashers are the true hit for the manufacturer. They feature the timeless pocket handle design which fits any kitchen environment. After seasonal rebates you will be able to purchase this model series for as low as approximately $700.
- Bosch added EasyGlide racks as the premium feature to the 500 Series. You will get to appreciate EasyGlide when pullin in/out the fully loaded upper rack with ease.
The Best Option What Bosch is Really Known For: Bosch 800 Series
The 800 Series dishwashers are the flagship design for Bosch. You will notice the instant upgraded look and feel on these dishwashers similar to entering in a luxury German car. Considering seasonally available rebates these dishwashers start at mid $700's price point.
- Supremely quiet at 39 db to 42 db
- MyWay Rack is introduced with the 800 Series. This special 3rd rack application is ideal for ramekins, cereal bowls, measuring cups, ladles and more. You can even find a removable silverware tray with folding tines on this innovative 3rd rack.
- Controls are touch sensitive
- 6 Cycles are the standard on the 800 Series
- HomeConnect feature gets you Internet connectivity. If you cannot get enough of your iPhone, HomeConnect will give you one more reason to spend more time on it.
- Similar to the 300 Series, the Bosch 800 Series dishwashers come with a variety of design choices as well as with models suited for special applications such as ADA height for raised floors, watersoftener and 18" slim dishwashers for smaller kitchens.
Bosch offers different dishwasher styles and a rich feature set to fit any budget. While the Ascenta and the 300 Series dishwashers are ideal for those who are budget conscious, the 500 Series and especially the 800 Series dishwashers will give you the maximum quality and design choices. Also, Bosch has many options for special applications such as shorter height units, water softener for hard water areas and 18" slim units.
Check out our current promotions and find your perfect Bosch dishwasher.