Recycling Resources for Appliances and other Kitchen Items
Many of the products that are found in the kitchen, like food, everyday items, and appliances, can be recycled to promote a healthier environment. In fact, some kitchen products, like vegetable-based cooking oils, can even be reused as fuel! Recycling waste products doesn’t take very much effort once a system is set up, and it helps cut down the cost of utilities. However, it’s important to remember that some kitchen items, like glass and large appliances, need to be handled with care because improperly disposing of them can actually harm the environment. For example, the CFCs found in older refrigerators and freezers can lead to further ozone depletion if they aren’t carefully handled when the appliance is recycled.
**Recycling Food Waste **
- Backyard Composting – Check out this basic composting guide that explains how to choose the right materials and what to do with them.
- Using Composting to Recycle Food – Read through a brief list of composting statistics and a summary of its importance.
- Food Waste Composting – Find out what kind of leftover food is acceptable for composting, and which kinds will make a compost bin smell.
- How to Recycle Food Waste – Read through a comprehensive article in PDF form that explains why colleges and universities have turned to composting.
- The Basics of Worm Composting – Find out what it takes to start composting leftover food scraps using worms.
- Vermicompost Benefits – Learn the benefits of using worms to compost food waste from the kitchen in this quick PDF guide.
- Composting and Mulching – Learn the basics of setting up a compost bin in the backyard with organic materials.
- Composting in the Backyard – Read this PDF guide to find out how to get started with composting in Utah, including how to troubleshoot common problems.
- Using Rapid Composting – Find out how rapid composting works, including how to find the right materials for the job, in this comprehensive PDF explanation.
- Composting Basics – Learn the science behind how organic matter is decomposed in a compost pile.
- Managing Organic Waste – Check out this PDF guide to learn how to get starting recycling kitchen scraps and yard waste materials in the backyard.
- Introduction to Composting Organic Waste – Find out why composting your food waste is better than throwing it in the trash for the environment.
- The Process of Composting – Learn how long it takes for organic materials to fully decompose in a backyard compost pile.
- Facts about Composting Organic Waste – Learn the basic mechanics of composting food and other organic materials, including several different methods of setting up your composting site.
- Reusing Old Cooking Oil – Read through a PDF fact sheet that provides helpful tips about managing and recycling old cooking oil.
Recycling Everyday Items
- Recycling Aluminum Cans – Learn why it’s important to recycle you can instead of just throwing them away.
- Getting Started with Recycling Aluminum – Find out how to set up a container for recycling old cans, as well as why it’s important and where to take them.
- Recycling Cans and Bottles – Learn how to properly recycle old bottles and cans in this short PDF description.
- Recycling Glass Bottles – Discover the history of recycling glass products.
- Hyperlink – description
- Glass Recycling FAQ – Learn what types of glass can be safely recycling from the home, as well as how to prepare it.
- Facts about Glass – Read through statistics on recycling glass, including information about how much electricity a single bottle can save!
- Acceptable Kitchen Items to Recycle – Find out what types of items in your kitchen can really be recycled, including some that can’t, too.
- Recycling Boxes – Check out this PDF to learn how to properly break down boxes for recycling.
- Recycling Kitchen and Other Household Items – Read through these tips to learn how to safely recycling everyday household items, like paper, bottles and cans.
- Recycling Household Trash – Check out this comprehensive PDF guide that details the process of recycling everyday items that can be found in the kitchen, including glass, metal and plastic.
- Recycling Paper – Learn how paper from your house is recycled in this PDF explanation, including how it is prepared, broken down and repackaged into something new!
- Facts about Paper Recycling – Read through important statistics about recycling used paper products from around the house.
- Recycling Glass – Check out a great website that serves as a comprehensive resource for learning about recycling household glass products.
- Facts about Recycled Glass – Discover some interesting facts about recycling glass items from around the house in this quick PDF guide.
- Recycling Bottle Caps – Learn about different ways that you can protect the environment by recycling old bottle caps.
**Recycling Appliances **
- Handling Appliances with CFCs – Learn how to properly dispose of appliances that contain CFCs, like refrigerators.
- Appliance Recycling – Find out what the state of Ohio does to help residents recycle old kitchen appliances.
- How to Dispose of Kitchen Appliances Safely – Learn about the risks associated with handling some older appliances, including how to minimize the hazard, as well.
- Recycling Old Refrigerators – Check out this informative video that explains the importance of recycling old refrigerators and freezers, as opposed to throwing them away.
- Recyclable Household Appliances and Other Items – Learn what type of appliances are suitable for recycling.
- Tips for Recycling Kitchen Appliances – Get ideas on where to recycle appliances and how to prepare them for donation in this quick PDF guide.
- Refrigerators and Freezers – Find out how much energy you could save by recycling your old appliances and upgrading to more efficient ones in this PDF guide.
- Recycling Around the House – Learn how to reduce waste in the kitchen and around the house, as well as how to save energy with kitchen appliances.
- Appliance Recycling Guide – Read through a brief list of tips in PDF form that will help you understand the process of recycling kitchen appliances.
- Recycling Directory – Learn how long you can keep a refrigerator or freezer before it starts to become less efficient.
- Overview of Recycling Kitchen Appliances – Learn what’s really involved in recycling appliances, like refrigerators and freezers.
- Appliance Recycling – Find out if your old appliances are suitable for recycling.
- Facts about Recycling Steel – Learn why recycling steel is so important, and how it applies to household appliances, like refrigerators.
- Disposing of Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) – Discover why it’s so important to properly recycle old refrigerators and freezers.
- How to Recycle Old Appliances – Learn more about the recycling process as it relates to old refrigerators and freezers.
- Recycling Major Appliances – Read through this PDF fact sheet to learn more about the importance of recycling major household appliances.
Get instant access to our tips, trends and reviews of all the major brands