You want a Bertazzoni range, but you can't for the life of you figure out which one? Well, you are not alone. Bertazonni offers some 100+ professional ranges (they released 83 different ranges in 2018 alone!), and they all seem the same at a first look.
As it is customary in the appliance industry, company's use of all sorts of internal terminology to describe their product features, like "lateral multilevel illumination", as well as product series names, like "Master Series", "XT", and "XE" does not make selection process easy.
The aim of this guide is to demystify this fabulous and abundant product line. We hope that it will help you find the right fit for your needs and budget.
Which Bertazzoni Range Should I Buy?
With over 100 ranges to choose from making a selection on a Bertazzoni range can feel like a daunting task, so in this article we'll give you everything you need to make an educated decision.
Standard Features for All Bertazzoni Ranges
First, let's take a look at the features shared across all Bertazzoni ranges.
- Timeless elegance, with many color options.
- Flush installation to your cabinets for smooth, clean lines in your kitchen.
- Stainless steel knobs that look "badass".
- Finger-print resistant stainless steel.
- Temperature gauge.
- Low back guard that looks beautifully streamlined, and shows off your decorative backsplash.
- Bertazzonis come in 24", 30", 36", and 48" sizes. The monster 48" units feature a full size powerful electric griddle, and 2 ovens.
- Extra-large oven design with dual fan convection = fast pre-heat time and ideal heat distribution.'
- Best in Class Award thanks to the airstream guidance and precision thermostat technology, which ensures that the variance in temperature is less than 25°F, at any given time.
- Dual horizontal convection on all gas units.
- Dual diagonal convection on dual fuel units (i.e. electric ovens).
- Full width, extra-large infrared broiler = no need to move food around for even cooking.
- You can also sear with this 15,000 BTU broiler.
- "Lateral multilevel illumination" (love the cumbersome marketing terminology - quick translation: Light inside the oven cavity makes it super easy to see what's going on...
- Edge to edge tempered glass, with concealed mounting technology that promotes easy cleaning.
- Balanced door hinges (basic models have soft motion, while premium models feature soft close doors).
- 7 racking levels.
- On dual fuel ranges there are up to 11 cooking modes.
- Digital cooking probe on dual fuel models.
3) Cooking Surface
- Grates are continuous and spaced optimally.
- Extra large, edge to edge cooking space allows for use of large pots with ease.
- 19,000 BTU main burner. (2 x 19K burners on 36" and 48" models.)
- Monoblock burners, which are able to deliver heat faster, and are easier to clean.
- Burners are also thermo-coupled, so they will shut off if no gas is detected. (A nice benefit of European safety heritage!)
- Optimum distance from flame to cookware = faster boil times and overall energy efficiency.
- Powerful additional electric griddle on select 48" models.
4) So Many Colors!
Bertazzoni also likes to have fun, and ergo, in addition to standard stainless steel option, many of Bertazzoni ranges are offered in other stunning colors such as Orange, Red, or White.
Now the Differences
Bertazzoni offers two different styles of ranges, Professional and Master series. In order to appeal a wider customer base and price point, Bertazzoni offers their range lineup with a basic feature set, and with a deluxe feature set.
Bertazzoni Master Series vs. Professional Series
There are two main style differences between these series, and if you blink, you'll probably miss them:
- The Master series features larger stainless steel knobs, while the Pro series has smaller european knobs.
- On the Professional series, the front control panel is framed, while the Master series features the control panel between two parallel lines.
- Pro Series comes with 6 color combinations (Stainless, White, Yellow, Red, O
- range, Black) while the Master Series is only availabe in 3 color combinations (Stianless, White, Black)
The Master Series was designed to compete against pro-style North American ranges. The control knobs are beefier and have a commercial look and feel. The oven has a substantial pro-style look. Master Series ranges are only available in stainless steel, matte black and white. If you have your heart set on a custom color such as orange or red you 'll have to gove with the Professional series design.
Basic vs. Premium Features
Now we'll go over the differences between the Basic and Premium/Deluxe models.
The Basic Series Models are anything but basic. The list of performance features for these ranges include:
- Exceptional performance and control with 19K BTU aluminum main burner.
- Dual ring burner has low simmer capability. (2 x 19K burners on all 36" and 48" ranges)
- Soft motion hinges on the oven that provide ergonomic support for opening, because the hinges are self balancing, based on door motion.
- Panoroma oven window, so it's easy to see inside. Also, Interior portion of the door features edge to edge glass with concealed mounting, for super easy cleaning.
- Standard 7 level racking.
- Dual fuel models available with electric oven. Electric ovens tend to create more consistent, even heat, which is important for baking. Therefore, if you bake a lot we recommend going with Dual Fuel version. However, please keep in mind in order to operate the electric oven you will need a dedicated 220V electricity line.
- Digital food probe that works in tandem with cooking modes, on dual fuel ranges.
These models include all the same features of the basic models, and then pile even more on top, including:
- Brass burners which are more durable and their nozzles will not expand over time. These burners also distribute heat more evenly.
- 1 x smooth gliding rack
- Soft Close doors allow for a luxurious slow closing of the oven door.
- Select Dual Fuel models feature Self Clean option. Please note, all gas models (both basic and deluxe) do not have the self clean feature.
- Also on premium models with the self clean feature, you'll get a temperature gauge with black bezel, to display temperature cooking mode, and probe control.
Bertazzoni Induction Ranges
- Large induction zones
- Bridge element autoadjusts to accommodate all cookware sizes
- Ability to use all 5 induction elements (on 36" wide version) while running the oven simultaneously
- Electric oven great for baking
Bertazzoni offers two gas range options options for small spaces. Please note that these models have not been revised in 2018 as part of the revamp project. Therefore, you will notice the 4" bacguard on the pictures (which you can replace with a sleak no-riser trim).
Bertazzoni makes a stripped down 30" Master XE series entry level range MAST304GASXV for contractors and building projects. It is super strange that they also release this product to wide public distribution which in our opinion totally dilutes the brand. In addition, it is more likely that this version will garner the displeasure of customers compared to the high quality product in regular Master & Pro Series.
Here are some highlights of the Builder Version product:
- 4 Aluminum Burners
- 30" only
- Black plastic knobs
- No color options
- Dropdown standard door (not soft motion)
- Standard racks (no luxury glide)
Bertazzoni Heritage Series
Bertazzoni Heritage series is a specialty product for those who aspire traditional country look. Products in the category come in 36" or 48" width. They tend to have interesting color options.
Complete Line of Kitchen Appliances
What you'll also love about Bertazzoni is that it offers every other appliance from dishwashers, to refridgerators, to ventilation. Not only can you create a beautiful, continuous look in your kitchen, you can also save money buy purchasing your appliances as a package.
We command Bertazzoni family for listening to their customers and making important and meaningful improvements in the product line. In addition, Bertazzoni ranges are backed by a 2 year factory warranty to give us all additional peace of mind. All and all, you will be happy choosing a Bertazzoni range for your kitchen. In terms of pricing Bertazzoni offers price point for all budgets and further help customers with promotions.